Please note there are no vacancies at this time and the wait list is at least 5 years. The Co-op is not currently accepting applications and has closed its wait list. If things change, the wait list will be re-opened.
A housing co-operative is a non-profit corporation governed by the Co-operative Corporations Act of Ontario. The corporation owns the housing complex and the residents or “members” of the co-op collectively “own” the corporation. Members pay housing charges which are based on the co-op’s operation costs. They also contribute their time to the management and day to day operation of the co-op. By participating in this way, a sense of community is developed and members control their housing environment. The co-op rules are set out in a series of by-laws which govern occupancy, organization, pets, maintenance, human rights, etc. Each adult member has a vote in all matters of concern to the co-op, including the setting of the housing charges. As the housing is collectively owned and never resold, members have the security of knowing that they can live in the Co-op as long as they fulfill their obligations as members.
When available, the Application/Selection Process is as follows:
- You complete and return the application by mail, email or dropping it off at the Co-op.
- When a unit becomes available, all applicable applicants (unit size) will be contacted to confirm interest.
- If you are next on the wait list, the office will conduct a credit check and you will be asked for provide identification and income information.
- You are interviewed by two people from the Member Selection Committee. The interviewers will outline what living in Co-operative Housing is all about; the by-laws and community. You will (most likely) get a change to view the unit at the time of the interview.
- The Committee makes a recommendation to the Board.
- The Board of Directors makes a decision after reviewing the Committee’s recommendation.
- You are advised of the decision by phone call and/or email.
- If approved, you will be offered the available unit. If you accept the offer, you will be invited to sign an Occupancy Agreement, pay your first month’s housing charges, a member deposit (equal to your housing charges) and a one-time Membership fee of $5.00.
- A move-in date will be agreed upon, the unit will be inspected and signed off by you. Then you and your family will move in.
Each home consists of spacious bedrooms, a spacious living area, kitchen, bathroom (powder rooms for 3 & 4 bedrooms only), basement and garage.
- Spacious Layouts
- Attractive brick exterior with vinyl siding
- Garages and driveways with all units
- Full basements in all townhouses (except the accessible unit)
- Outdoor decks or patios
- Wood partition fences between unit backyards
- Laundry sinks and hook-ups in all units
- Gas fired furnaces
- Fridge and stove in all units
- Additional two-piece washroom in three and four bedroom units
- Parquet flooring or vinyl flooring in living and dining areas, carpet in bedrooms
|Bedrooms||Housing Charge||Floor Plan|
|2||$1,284.00 /Mo.||Click here|
|3 Double Garage||$1,458.00/Mo.||Click here|
|3 Single Garage||$1,432.00/Mo.||Click here|
Housing charges includes basic cable tv, high-speed internet, unit parking, and water. Hydro and gas charges are extra.