A housing co-operative is a non-profit corporation governed by the Co-operative Corporations Act. The corporation owns the housing complex and the residents or “members” of the co-op collectively “own” the corporation. Members pay housing charges which are based on the co-op’s operation costs. They also contribute their time to the management and day to day operation of the co-op. By participating in this way, a sense of community is developed and members control their housing environment. Each adult member has a vote in all matters of concern to the co-op, including the setting of the housing charges. Because the housing is collectively owned and never resold, members have the security of knowing that they can live in the Co-op as long as they fulfill their obligations as members.
- You complete and return the application with income verification.
- You attend an orientation session.
- The office carries out a credit check
- You are interviewed by two people from the Member Selection Committee. The Committee reviews and makes a recommendation.
- The Board of Directors makes a decision on the Committee’s recommendation.
- You are advised of the decision in writing.
- If accepted, you select a unit and pay a deposit to hold the unit. A lifetime Membership fee of $5.00 is also payable at this time.
- Family Living in Whitby
Each home consists of spacious bedrooms, a spacious living room, kitchen, and bathroom, basement and garage
- Spacious Layouts
- Attractive brick exterior with vinyl siding
- Garages and driveways with all units
- Full basements in all townhouses (except accessible units)
- Outdoor decks or patios
- Wood privacy screens
- Laundry sinks and hook-ups in all units
- Gas fired furnaces
- Fridge and stove in all units
- Additional two-piece washroom in three and four bedroom units
- Parquet flooring in living and dining areas, carpet in bedrooms
|Bedrooms||Housing Charge||Floor Plan|
|2||$1,219.00 /Mo.||Click here|
|3 Double Garage||$1,389.00/Mo.||Click here|
|3 Single Garage||$1,364.00/Mo.||Click here|
Housing charge includes cable tv, parking, and water. Hydro and gas charges are extra.